Re: Staff log-in

On 10 Nov 2006, at 19:25 , Daevid Vincent wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Google Kreme [mailto:gkreme@xxxxxxxxx]

Is that *really* your name?! :)

Well, I TRIED to change it, but two guys in birks, tie-dyed t-shirts, and macramé briefcases showed up with an injunction. :)

The trouble comes when you
need to time-out a session because someone never logged out
properly.  That can be hairy.

Yeah, it's so hard to do that subtraction...

Figuring out when and how to time out a connection and what time stamp to give to a timeout. After all, if minutes count and a connection times out after 30 minutes do you set the logout time then, or 30 minutes i the past?

That's the sort of hairy I meant. Not math. Math is never hairy. Squiggly, yes, tentacle-ly, perhaps if there is calculus involved.

--
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.