Re: Staff log-in

tedd wrote:
> At 7:16 PM +0000 11/9/06, Brynjar Guðnason wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need a little php script. Staff log in by entering username and
>> password
>> and then the next time they enter their username and password they log
>> out.
>> The script has to take down the time they log in and log out. Then I
>> should
>> be able to read old log-ins and log-outs.
>>
>> I unfortunately can't make it myself because I don't have the
>> knowledge, can
>> anyone of you do this for me? It's for a small non-profit orginisation.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Brynjar Gudnason.
>
> Brynjar:
>
> You say a "little php script" -- if you have no knowledge of how to do
> this, then what makes you think it's little? Stop and think dude --
> you're asking for code that will keep track of users, passwords, deal
> with what happens if they lose their password, keeping passwords secure,
> keeping track of times on/off, and writing an admin to review/edit times
> and edit users (add, delete, ban) --this is not a little script.
>
> Lastly, I think we all know that "non-profit" simply means that at the
> end of the year you get to roll your profits over to the next year
> without incurring taxes on the excess. Nothing more.
>
> Plus, there's no limit or requirements as to the amount/percentage you
> pay yourself as compared to what amounts you apply to your "cause". So,
> mentioning "non-profit" to me is like saying you're just another scam --
> and one, who's trolling for free php services.

it's a pity you pointed that out Tedd, I was about to post something along the lines of...

	"I am non-profit person looking for a 'little girl' aged 18+"

I guess it's no longer worth the effort given that you let the cat out of the bag! ;-)

bootnote: mercy **ck - either a reference to my perverted comment above OR
a 'little php script' written free of charge for a NPO; depending on what you think
the **'s are hiding