Re: Staff log-in

At 7:16 PM +0000 11/9/06, Brynjar Guðnason wrote:
Hi,

I need a little php script. Staff log in by entering username and password
and then the next time they enter their username and password they log out.
The script has to take down the time they log in and log out. Then I should
be able to read old log-ins and log-outs.

I unfortunately can't make it myself because I don't have the knowledge, can
anyone of you do this for me? It's for a small non-profit orginisation.

Thanks in advance,
Brynjar Gudnason.

Brynjar:

You say a "little php script" -- if you have no knowledge of how to do this, then what makes you think it's little? Stop and think dude -- you're asking for code that will keep track of users, passwords, deal with what happens if they lose their password, keeping passwords secure, keeping track of times on/off, and writing an admin to review/edit times and edit users (add, delete, ban) --this is not a little script.

Lastly, I think we all know that "non-profit" simply means that at the end of the year you get to roll your profits over to the next year without incurring taxes on the excess. Nothing more.

Plus, there's no limit or requirements as to the amount/percentage you pay yourself as compared to what amounts you apply to your "cause". So, mentioning "non-profit" to me is like saying you're just another scam -- and one, who's trolling for free php services.

tedd

--
-------