Re: Authentification and LDAP (SSO / Single Sign-On)

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 12:13, Alain Roger wrote:
> I'm currently developing a PHP application as intranet tool for our
> company. I would like to make users connect to this tool with an
> authentification window where they can enter their domain login and
> password.
> via LDAP and Apache module mod_auth_ldap, i would like to check this user
> login and password.
> Only if it's correct, they can enter in my tool.
>
> I tried to find some example of PHP code but without success.

If you are using Apache's mod_auth_ldap to implement authentication and access
control,  your Apache configuration (in .htaccess file or server
configuration file) will have to specify how this is to work.  Apache will
present a standard HTTP challenge for username and password and deny access
if these are invalid for the requested URL.

Your PHP appliction will be able to see the username of the authenticated user
(as the server variable AUTH_USER).   Using mod_auth_ldap  means that you
don't need to code anything in PHP - all access control is done by Apache.

HTH

- Nick

Mae'r e bost hwn ac unrhyw atodiad iddo yn gyfrinachol ac fe'i
bwriedir ar gyfer y sawl a enwir arno yn unig. Gall gynnwys
gwybodaeth freintiedig. Os yw wedi eich cyrraedd trwy gamgymeriad
ni ellwch ei gopio, ei ddosbarthu na'i ddangos i unrhyw un arall a
dylech gysylltu gyda Cyngor Sir Powys ar unwaith.

Mae unrhyw gynnwys nad yw'n ymwneud gyda busnes swyddogol Cyngor
Sir Powys yn bersonol i'r awdur ac nid yw'n awdurdodedig gan y
Cyngor.

This e mail and any attachments are confidential and intended for
the named recipient only. The content may contain privileged
information. If it has reached you by mistake, you should not copy,
distribute or show the content to anyone but should contact Powys
County Council at once.

Any content that is not pertinent to Powys County Council business
is personal to the author, and is not necessarily the view of the
Council.