Re: Frameworks

It totally depends on what type of application you are writing, and what
features you want "out of the box" so that you don't have to design and
write them yourself.

For example, if you are writing an administrative web application and you
want user authentication, dynamic menus, role based access control, audit
logging without database triggers, built-in workflow, and
internationalisation facilities then you might want to take a look at
Radicore (http://www.radicore.org/)

As well as having all the above features it has a custom built Data
Dictionary which can generate all the basic code for you. This enables you
to start with nothing more than a database schema which you then import into
the Data Dictionary, and from there you can press buttons to generate the
database table classes and also buttons to generate the scripts to view and
maintain those tables. All this without having to write a single line of
code. It uses a catalog of transaction patterns which deal with single
tables, one-to-many relationships and even many-to-many relationships.

There is a massive amount of documentation and sample code, and a tutorial
is available at http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/radicore-tutorial.html

--
Tony Marston
http://www.tonymarston.net