Re: WAP?

WAP is just a sort of XML specific to creating 'cards' and content for cell phones.  I did some stuff a few years ago, was even in line to teach a class at a local training institute.

Once you figure out what structure you want to use for your cards and all that, the PHP stuff is really secondary.   You may find out that people are using 'WAP' as a buzzword and really want the data displayed on fully capable HTML compliant (if somewhat small screened) devices.

Here are some WAP oriented links.  Some to WAP emulators so you can test online without using an actual cell phone or other wireless device.  A lot of companies offer software emualtors for their phones/devices.  Some of the emulators have plugin capability to emulate different devices (even changing the skin to look like that device).  Or if you find out that a particular device is running a mobile version of Opera or something, you can go to the software vendor's site and possibly get a PC version of it to simulate the experience.

If I can find it, I can post some super simplistic PHP+WAP stuff I did a while ago, but 99% of the fight is learning and writing the WAP code.  The PHP stuff will be exactly the same as PHP+MySQL+HTML or whatever other combo of PHP you've ever used.

I think I saw some PHP+WAP classes and libraries too, but I forget where. I'd check the usual sources (phpclasses, pear, etc).

http://www.w3schools.com/wap/
http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/affiliates/wap/wapindex.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAP
http://www.wirelessdevnet.com/