Re: No Error Messages

On Tue, October 31, 2006 6:24 am, Sancar Saran wrote:
> If page has some errors it stop producing any error messages. Neither
> page nor
> syslog.
>
> I get blank page.

If it's a fatal error, or one too serious to be trapped by an error
handler, then your script will just stop.

> System
> Debian Unstable
> Apache 2
> Php 5.1.6
>
> Apc
> Memcached
> Obhandler with gzip
> and I store entire page output then printed out.

You may have installed something which does something like:
while (ob_get_level()) ob_end_flush();

> And I found if my error on first pages there was no problem, error
> message
> show in page and syslog and if that eroor is in included files. I get
> absolutely Nothing.

The included files could easily be re-setting your error handling, or
an included file *BEFORE* the one you are examining could do it:

<?php
  require 'include_file_that_resets_error_reporting.inc';
  require 'include_file_that_generates_error_you_are_worried_about.inc';
?>

PEAR error handling did this to me years ago, so I wasted more time
figuring out what was going on than it would have taken me to solve
the original problem I wanted PEAR for, and that's one of the reasons
I never use PEAR much. [shrug]

Back then, the PEAR error handler was tightly-woven into the whole
thing.  Or maybe I'm thinking of phpLib on that one...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?