Re: Re: A general UL script

Thanks alot Richard.
As you mention it I've had some encounters with the _ filenames... I did get
it to work after a fasion, but yes I took quite some headache to make it
work. For the JS part of the script I could just getElementById witch leave
me open for the name to use on my problems as you suggest.

On Monday 30 October 2006 22:49, Richard Lynch wrote:
> On Mon, October 30, 2006 5:13 am, Børge Holen wrote:
> > * First it insert an empty file field (hidden).
>
> This seems silly, but whatever.

Yes, I didn't make the JS and don't know why it is so.

> > * Second, I  rename all files to an md5 hash.
> > * Third, The md5 hash makes legal filenames witch enables my toolset
> > to modify
> > modify/validate my jpg.
>
> And MD5 hash seems kind of excessive, when you could do:
> $filename = preg_replace('/[^a-z0-9_\\.]i/', '', $filename);
>
> But whatever makes you happy.

md5 seems clean. Does the work witchever character is used.
But probably a great deal slower?

--
---
Børge