Re: Non-blocking sockets

On Fri, October 27, 2006 3:23 pm, Eric wrote:
> When I create a socket/stream that connects to a news sever and try to
> recv data from the socket when there is nothing there (Like if the
> server sends one line and I call recv twice) the socket freezes. I
> assume this is because using socket_create or fsockopen creates a
> blocking TCP/Stream socket by default. When I call
> socket_set_nonblock()
> and the socket_connect I get "A non-blocking operation could not be
> completed immediately". Could someone show me exactly how to create a
> non-blocking TCP/Stream socket? Thanks in advance.

First, to make the initial socket creation/connection not block, you use:
http://php.net/ini_set
on that one socket connection timeout thingie in php.ini I can't
remember right now.

*THEN* after you have the socket up and running, you use:
http://php.net/socket_set_block

At least, that's the way I remember it from the last time I played
this game...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?