Re: PHP 5 Hosting

On Fri, October 27, 2006 7:18 am, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 25/10/06, Ed Lazor <edlazor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> When I signed up with Dreamhost, I discovered that you have to fill
>> out a form and fax it to them, along with a rubbing of your credit
>> card.  Personally, I found that part rather annoying.  They say it's

> They require that you fax them a rub or your credit card?!? I
> certainly wouldn't do that!

I *think* they do this only when the credit card does not sail through
automatically.  Like if you give a shipping address different from
your home, or your cell-phone instead of home phone, and then the
ultra-stringent CC checks they have turned on kick back the
transaction as suspect.

Or so they explained it to me, when I had the same reaction.

At that point, I suspect you'd be faster to start over and be more
careful about matching up your CC input with what the bank has "on
file"

PS  A Sharpie does not make a good rubbing tool, no matter how gently
you try to press. :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?