Re: session id contains illegal characters

Patrick Aljord wrote:
> I'm moving my page from php4 to php5 and I get this error:
> Warning: Unknown: The session id contains illegal characters,
> valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in Unknown on
> line 0

Can you check to see what session identifier the browser is sending when
you get this error message? PHP's session identifiers should only
contain hexadecimal characters (a subset of alphanumerics).

This check was added to protect against people trying to use the session
identifier as an attack vector, sending a malicious payload instead of a
real session identifier.

Hope that helps.

Chris

--