Re: Active Connections

At 4:21 AM +0600 10/24/06, Prathaban Mookiah wrote:
Hello List,

I am trying to develop a web based controller for a robot. The robot has an
embedded telnet deamon and it is controlled primarily through issuing
commands on this port. I am planning to implement this system with PHP on the
server side.

-snip-

Please let me know your ideas and inputs.

Prathap:

In 1995, Garnet Hertz and I did just that. We had a RC-10 guided by a web interface such that the web user could guide a robot around his laboratory view stuff in real time. It was exceedingly cool. I wrote the interface and he did the electronics.

You might review his site for more current projects, namely:

http://www.conceptlab.com/

I can't speak for him, but you might make contact -- perhaps he might provide help.

As for my code, it's been long lost -- I believe it was in C, but might have been in something else.

tedd

--
-------