Re: Screen Shots

On 23/10/06, Jim Moseby <JMoseby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any way that I can get a script to take a screen
> shot every minute
> of all the users using my php website?

This is not a PHP question, but here's an answer anyway:

With your users conscent, yes.  There is a tiny utility that will take a
screenshot at set intervals using the VNC protocol.   This would require
that your users have VNC server loaded and configured to allow it.

If your goal is to spy on users of your website without their knowledge,
then there is (thank $diety) no practical way to do it.

I wish that this was true. If your users use Internet Explorer <=6 (I
don't know about the new v7) then there actually is a way to get them
to authorize a VNC session without their knowledge (assuming that a
VNC server is already installed on the machine). I'll leave it as an
excersize to the reader, but I'll give this hint: it is possible to
disguise the pop up as something else.

Please don't email me asking how. I give this information to spread
awareness, not to spread malicious code, FUD, exploits, or anything
else. I myself don't possess the skills to do it, but I have
personally seen an example of it on a fully patched (at the time- a
few months ago) Windows XP machine. I don't know if it was Home or
Professional.

Dotan Cohen