Re: Sessions /cookies issue

Dave Goodchild wrote:
Hi all. I am building a web app which uses sessions to retain user data
between pages and finally enter that data into mysql - I have noticed that
out of 100 entries in the database, 10% are blank. I tested this by setting
a cookie on the home page and when the user navigated to the form pages,
tested whether that cookie was set and if not issuing a warning with some
cookie tutorial info for the user.

Before I used the simple test cookie, obviously the only cookie that was
being set was PHPSESSID. All the users who entered blank records were using
IE. When I test using IE this end, the session cookie is set with no
problems and my IE security settings are set to medium. I know IE will
accept certain third-party cookies at this setting, but what's the criteria
and has anyone else encountered this problem?

3rd party cookies are tough.

You'll need to look at p3p headers & a p3p policy to get them through IE.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/