pdflib - change text color mid-sentence

Hi,

I'm having some problems with a pdf file I'm compiling dynamically with
pdflib, and my searches for answers have come up empty, so I'm hoping
someone else out there has faced the same problem and came up with a
solution.

I want to change the text color of a word mid-sentence when outputting
text to a pdf file.

I've looked at pdf_show_boxed and pdf_show_xy, but I dont think either
would actually work the way I need, and I'm hoping their is an easier way
than trying to step through a long string word by word, then changing
color to display one word, and then trying to continue while making it all
look as though it flows.  This, of course, would open up all kinds of
issues in terms of line feeds and the like

If anyone has any advice or could help in any way, please let me know
because this has been frustrating.

Thanks in advance,
Michael.