Re: LAMP || Apache Cache PHP Source File...

Hey All.

Like many intermediate (and higher) level programmers, I've written a LAMP
based CMS application to develop sites for my clients.

Until recently I had major version control issues; i.e. when making a
change/enhancement to one site, none of the other sites would get updated.
Now I've got a source repository that stores the basic coding framework.
Any new site that uses the CMS will draw on the source code base and, when
applicable, draw on site specific custom class code to override source code
defaults -- totally cool; now at long last, I truly have an application
framework in place.

The main concern I have now is that all sites will now draw on the same code
base; more specifically, each site request for every site calls the CMS
controller PHP script located in the source code repository (via
Mod_Rewrite, Mod_Alias combo).  To speed up delivery of the source
respository controller PHP script, I'd like to have Apache cache this file.
Mod_File_Cache doesn't look like it will do the trick as this module only
works with static content, and Mod_Cache seems to require a GET request,
among other requirements, in order to perform file caching.

If anyone has ideas, let me know!

Thanks,

--Noah