Re: Send process to background

Hello André,

Friday, October 13, 2006, 10:42:58 AM, you wrote:
> Evidently, this will take a while. My first requirement was that it
> should _NOT_ deppend on external libraries (ie. pecl, modules and
> such). It has to be self-sustained. As such, it will take a bit
> longer to execute.

Not knowing what OS, this may or may not be possible, although I'm
betting since it is via Windows, that Linux can definitely do it too.
Instead of running a script in the background, create a request
through the Windows scheduler (or CRON in Linux, I think).

What you stick in the scheduler to run is your choice. Could be a PHP
script, a .BAT file, .sh file or whatever. You can set the scheduler
task to run immediately, or within 'x' time. Whatever you want.

Here's a reference to the Windows AT command:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/at.mspx

Does that fit your need?

--
                          TBUDL/BETA/DEV/TECH Lists Moderator / PGP 0x5D167202
 __    ____  ____  ____   Geocaching:                    http://gps.PCWize.com

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?