PHP causing seg fault

Hi guys,

I'm attempting to run a SugarCRM variant that uses SOAP to access
information from the database. The code is causing a seg fault when
executing a particular line of code. The code executes properly until it
calls a generic function in the parent class that causes a seg fault on
the return command. The line of code is:

return $this;

I've found this to be a problem in PHP version 5.1.4 and 5.2.0rc4.  Is
this statement illegal in PHP5? When I set a memory limit for the
script, the error changes to indicating that it has exceeded its memory
allocation, so it seems to be allocating memory over and over.

Note that this code runs fine on most other combinations of functions
calling this same parent method. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn.