Re: Working with overly aggressive anti-spam measures [SOLVED]

On Tue, October 10, 2006 8:57 pm, Dave M G wrote:
> It took me a little while to realize that the Spamassassin always says
> that an email is possible scam if it has any score above zero, but it
> takes a score of 5.0 to actually be deleted as spam. I checked through
> bunch of emails in my inbox, and all of them got at least some score,
> usually between .5 and 1.5, even though they were all legitimate
> emails.

That 5.0 is user-configurable -- In fact, for my Inbox, 3.0 or above
is sent direct to trash.

I spent a month or two with 10 filters sending every message to one of
10 boxes:
Inbox.1
Inbox.2
Inbox.3
Inbox.10

As time went on, I found that only 1 and 2 scores were worth digging
through, and lowered my SA setting to 3 and above is just auto-trash.

And a couple mailing lists were going to higher scores, but those were
easily white-listed.

This would have been much easier had the email client let me sort by
SA score, but that feature has apparently not been invented yet...

YMMV, but it's amazing how much less spam I got once I let SA kill off
all the junk it was pre-configured to accept.

Course, I'm sure I'm losing some legit email as well, but it's such a
tiny percentage, I just can't get too worked up about it.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?