Re: Working with overly aggressive anti-spam measures [SOLVED]

Travis, Richard, Chris,

Thank you for your helpful advice.

I've managed to set the Return-Path correctly now, and Spamassassin is now only giving me the whitelist error, which I don't think I'm going to get rid of.

It took me a little while to realize that the Spamassassin always says that an email is possible scam if it has any score above zero, but it takes a score of 5.0 to actually be deleted as spam. I checked through a bunch of emails in my inbox, and all of them got at least some score, usually between .5 and 1.5, even though they were all legitimate emails.

So compared to other emails I'm getting, I'm scoring very low at 0.2. My emails don't use HTML, don't have any common spam key words, and have correct spelling and grammar, so it all helps establish my email's legitimacy.

Here is the PHP code I'm using:

$fromAddress = "info@xxxxxxxxxx";
$fromName = "My Name";
$headers = "From: " . $fromName . " <" . $fromAddress . ">\n";
$headers .= "Reply-to: " . $fromName . " <" . $fromAddress . ">\n";
$extra = "-f" . $fromAddress;

mail($toAddress, $subject, $content, $headers, $extra);

Thank you all for your time and expert information.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS