Re: Re: set cookie with non-english

On Sun, October 8, 2006 12:51 am, Nisse Engström wrote:
>> * I use <META http-equiv=Content-Type  content="text/html;
>> charset=utf-8"> in my page
>
>    The <META> thing might be good for storing pages
> on disk, but on the web you should use real HTTP
> headers.

Except IE will *ignore* your HTTP headers.

You need real HTTP headers for real browsers, *and* the META tag for
IE, if you want your charset to be honored.

IE will use some weird "guess" based on the bytes in the document to
choose a charset.  It mostly guesses right, except when it doesn't.

For some reason, MSIE thinks HTML designers and META tags are
absolutely believable, but headers are just silly things that are
never reliable.  This applies to everything from Content-type to
charset.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?