Re: strange errors from command line vs. web

On Thu, September 28, 2006 7:26 am, blackwater dev wrote:
> Ok, I've set up a username and password using Grant All Privileges,
> blah.
> with username and password.  For some reason though the web now can't
> login
> with that.  I then changed the root db password and put that in the
> config
> and the web side does run properly with that username, password.  I
> still
> can't run the script from the command line even when I su to root.

su root or not does *nothing* to help you run MySQL and do database
things.

MySQL has a user called 'root' but it's not in any way, shape, or form
related to the OS 'root'.

Well, okay, the *idea* is the same, and the *name* is the same... But
that's it!

The *only* thing that matters to MySQL is the username/password used
to connect, and what permissions have been granted in MySQL to that
username/password.

Get rid of the @, at least until you figure out what is going on.

> again, I am su'ing to root so I thought it would always have rights.

Don't bother su-ing to root.  It has no effect on MySQL whatsoever.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm