RE: Best open source project/framework to support a php training course?

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 11:47 +1000, Ligaya A. Turmelle wrote:

> Might I make a suggestion to you - no matter which framework/OS project
> you use... Have it be in PHP5.  Yeah it may restrict you in options, but
> that is where PHP is going and to my mind that is what someone new to
> PHP should be learning.

What you could do, is look at http://avoir.uwc.ac.za and have a look at
our PHP4 and PHP5 frameworks. Both use modular design, both have good
code generation modules, bith are MVC based and both are really easy to
install and learn. There is also excellent tutorial documentation to get
you started on a module of your own!

The PHP4 framework also has the added benefit of being a full fledged
e-learning system (LMS) that you can even use to deliver the courses...

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm