Re: Stored procs and transactions using Linux/PHP and Windows/MSSQL

On Wed, September 27, 2006 11:50 am, Rick Emery wrote:
> Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: Query failed in
> /var/www/html/business/entity.php on line 127
>
> which is:
> mssql_query('RollBack Transaction');

Smush all of that into one line in Google, and see what you get...

Oh, look:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31498&edit=1
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31243&edit=1
.
.
.

:-)

>>> I'm just asking to see if anyone is successfully doing what I'm
>>> trying
>>> to do, and if so, what method is being used to accomplish it.
>>
>> The probability that *nobody* from the millions of PHP users and the
>> millions of MS SQL users is doing this is pretty much 0.
>
> Agreed. I just need to somehow find the successful one(s) :-)

It looks like the transactions may actually be doing the right thing,
just the return value of FALSE is fooling you into thinking they
aren't...

You may want to consider trying the Sybase drivers, if they work with
PDO...

Last I heard, the Sybase drivers were still faster and more reliable
than Microsoft's (MS SQL was a buyout-fork of Sybase at some point in
history)

No promise this is still true in normal usage, much less that funky
PDO stuff.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm