Re: Stored procs and transactions using Linux/PHP and Windows/MSSQL

On Wed, September 27, 2006 7:40 am, Rick Emery wrote:
> Is anyone using PHP5 on Linux to connect to MS SQL Server 2000 on
> Windows and execute stored procedures with output parameters within a
> transaction? If so, how?

No, but...

> I'm trying to do something like this in the PHP application:
>
> begin transaction
> execute a stored procedure, receiving an identity back
> if certain conditions are met
>     execute another stored procedure, getting an identity
> if certain other conditions are met
>     execute another stored procedure, getting an identity
> if any of the above procedures fail
>     rollback transaction
> else
>     commit transaction
>
> I ran into some problems using both PDO and the mssql_* functions (if
> someone is successful using one of these, I'll likely be asking in a
> future message for help with the problems I'm encountering).

You have to describe your problems to get useful help.

Are you losing track of your identities?  You need to snag them right
away and store them.

Did aliens invade your home and suck out your brains?   Can't help you
on that one.

See the difference? :-)

> I'm just asking to see if anyone is successfully doing what I'm trying
> to do, and if so, what method is being used to accomplish it.

The probability that *nobody* from the millions of PHP users and the
millions of MS SQL users is doing this is pretty much 0.

Unless it just plain doesn't work, and then nobody is doing it...

Which is incredibly unlikely, as these Open Source guys don't accept
"doesn't work" -- They turn it into "fixed that, now it works" :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm