Re: PHP5, Windoze, Extensions

Thanks for that George,

I managed to isolate the problem....

PEAR had slapped its own include_path at the bottom of my php.ini, removing it cleared up the extension_dir problem.

BUT now if i use the include_path var the extension_dir fails and phpinfo displays my php.ini from include_path down.

my php.ini include_path looks like this

include_path = "c:\php\pear"

If i comment out include_path, extension_dir works but now php wants to find the include path as "c:\php5\pear"

I made c:\php5\pear and copied my pear dir into it and pear works but this really is not tidy is it.

What could be wrong ????

Dave

George Pitcher wrote:
Dave,

I would suggest putting your extension path in your system path.

I have encountered problems getting extensions to load where there have been
multiple instances of dll files. reducing these to one instance solved that
problem.

I once found that my php.ini settings weren't being loaded - but that was on
Debian and it was the method used to stop-start apache that was the cause of
that problem.

I'm running PHP5/Apache2 on WinNT and am restarting Apache on an almost
daily basis using the Services panel. I'm not encountering any extension
problems though. In fact I just upgraded from PHP5.0.4 to 5.1.4 and it was
really easy (much to my surprise).

Good luck

George in Oxford