Re: reading a remote directory

Jay Blanchard wrote:
I have to read a directory (on a windows machine) from another box (a
linux machine) and I thought that I could set the handle to the IP
address of the windows box, but that does not work. Do I have to open a
socket or is there another way?

the directory must be explicitly shared by the Windows box. I'm really a Linux guy, but I think you do this by right-clicking on the folder icon and clicking "share...".

then, make sure that the Windows machine's firewall allows Samba connections.

then, mount the Samba share using Linux.

(for more info, search for "linux samba mount")

Kae