Re: php/css and .htaccess [SOLVED]

On Thu, September 21, 2006 10:37 am, David Giragosian wrote:
> So with this approach you're able to tailor css styles for specific
> browsers
> and their particular implementations of css, rather than employ hacks
> directly in the css??

That's one possible use.

Really, though, once your CSS is dynamic as well as your HTML, life
can be quite fun. :-)

Or, perhaps, if your so-called web Designer left NO CONSISTENT SPACE
on the layout for ERROR MESSAGES in a dynamic site, you might, just as
a hypothetical example, have something like:

<?php
  $error_position = array(10, 10, 500, 200);
  head('Page 1');
?>

Then, in the .css file, you'd be using $error_position to cram the
messages into an overflow: auto; at the $error_position, unique to
each page, where the so-called designer left you any white space at
all.

Not that this ever happened to me, oh no.

http://ralphsworld.com/

:-)

PS I embedded the CSS, actually, as I don't trust browser caching to
"know" that the CSS is also dynamic and changing.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm