RE: security include from remote server

Miguel -

>  If my solution is not viable, is there any other way of hosting my
>  files someplace else, but still access the local database?

Yes.  Your remotely hosted code would call the database on your local
server.  Something like:

<? $link = mysql_connect("foo.com", "bar", "PASSWORD"); ?>

You would also need to allow the connection from the remote host in mysql.

mysql> GRANT ALL ON foo.* TO bar@'202.54.10.20' IDENTIFIED BY 'PASSWORD';

Then you need to open the mysql port on your router to point to your
database server.  I believe the default port is 3306.

Hope that helps.

Brad