Re: Pre-printed forms

At 7:35 PM +0800 9/14/06, Man-wai Chang wrote:
How do you guys and gals use PHP+HTML+CSS to print a report to
preprinted forms with precision?

if the report is to be printed at client side, how do you do it? Via
networked printer?

Hi:

From my old days working with a vertical-mill, precision means to produce the same product repeatedly within tolerance, while accuracy means to hit the mark (i.e., how close you can get to the desired measurement).

If you want the same document to be printed with precision repeatedly, then use anything. The end result may not be what you want, but the document will look the same each time it's printed from the same environment.

However, if you want the document to look a specific way (i.e., pixel perfect), then accuracy is what you're after.

If I had a client who wanted me to produce a document that would match his specifications accurately, then I would create PDF documents. DPF documents can be created and printed with accuracy across different platforms.

For example, this --

http://xn--ovg.com/pdf

-- should print the same (accurately) regardless of what platform the user has. The precision value of this would lie in the tolerance of the printer and we don't have any control over that.

hth's

tedd

PS: Note to the gang -- if I'm wrong, please advise.
--
-------