Re: Execution time

André Medeiros wrote:
Hello everyone.

This may seem as a silly question, but I went through the
documentation and it wasn't explicit on this issue, at least for me.

Let's say that I'm on an 128kb/s upload. I need to upload an 100mb
file through a POST. PHP has, by default, 90 seconds execution limit
time.

So, the question is, when I hit the submit button, does it start
timing? Or does it start timing when the PHP gets the FULL POST
headers?

Thanks in advance,
André

It doesn't start timing until the request has been fully recieved and control handed over to PHP. So, until your file has been fully uploaded, PHP won't even have started to do anything, and as such the execution times hasn't started ticking either.

- tul