From: Jeremy Schreckhise [mailto:prog@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:14 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: PHP 5, Windows, and MySQL

I ran into the same problems; here is how I solved them.

1.      Install MySQL 5
2.      Install PHP 5
3.      Modify php.ini extensions directive to point to php_mysql.dll (the
one that was packaged with php 5)
4.      Here is the tricky one make sure mysql is finding the libmysql.dll
packaged WITH MYSQL NOT PHP;
5.      net stop mysql
6.      net start mysql
7.      work hard; play hard