Re: Cookie Variables Maxing Out Using IE6

Set your session time out to, oh, 2 years or less (as in the spec,
they are gonna ignore you if you try more than 2 years).

You could even set *ONE* cookie with all the values serialized in an
array, and probably stay under the 4K limit.

Then you get people like me who, if a cookie value looks TOO funky,
I'll reject it, on the assumption that you are exposing my personal
info to your advertising sites for user-tracking.

Buh-bye.

Try to think about your cookies from the perspective of a paranoid
media-believing moron.

Like that movie with Mel Gibson, sort of...

Because SOME of your visitors are that weird, self included.

:-)

You can store a Cookie to ID me with something I know is "me", and
then you know who I am for the next 2 years.  That should be good
enough.

Read the PHP session pages, and the setcookie page, and work out
what's best for you, with the paranoid user visitor mentality above.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm