Re: Re: Session issues

Trust me, there is far too much code to include. The problem is simple. The
app contains a 3-page form cycle that reloads itself, progressing from stage
1-3 and populating the session array as values are validated and cleaned.
When the process is complete, the values held in the session array are
inserted into the database. In FF, IE and Opera in my test installation, I
can navigate back and forth through the pages and previously entered values
persist and at the end are entered. The user testing elsewhere on IE does
not see these persistent values and the data entered at the end is all
default or blank. I just wanted to know if anyone could spot the issue from
experience, otherwise I need a rethink!

On 17/08/06, John Nichel <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dave Goodchild wrote:

>> > Yes, but the session variables have already been set, and are
>> configured
>> > display in the form fields.
>> >

>> All the session variables in the world aren't going to help when the
>> browser loads a cached page when the back button is pressed.
>>

> Granted, but that doesn't explain why the whole thing fails ie no
session
> variables at all are entered into the database at the end.

Explaining the problem is kind of difficult without seeing any code.

--
John C. Nichel IV
Programmer/System Admin (ÜberGeek)