Re: Compiling and iconv

Ray Hauge wrote:
I use Slackware linux, and XMLRPC is not compiled in by default with my distro, so I'm compiling PHP myself. It's always been a simple enough task. First I get and install the required xmlrpc-epi libraries, and then I compile PHP telling it where I just installed them. Now I get this error message:

undefined reference to `libiconv'

when compiling PHP. I did some searching, and the only thing I've found in reference to this error was a bug in version 4.3.10. Has anyone run into this issue, or have some suggestions?

I have checked that /usr/include/iconv.h is there, and it defines all the iconv_* and iconv compiler flags etc. I can also vouch that using iconv on the command line works just fine.

Try explicitly telling php where iconv is by adding this option to your configure command:

--with-iconv-dir=/usr

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/