Re: Problem Creating a New SSL Cert in Apache2

Mike wrote:
Windows Server
Apache2
OpenSSL

I am new to working with SSL Certs so I am sure I did something wrong
somewhere. Where???? I have no idea!

We needed an SSL Cert for our website. I created the CSR using

openssl req -new -out uwm.csr

answered all of the questions, went to GoDaddy and did a copy and paste into
their text area, and created a certificate. I took the output of the
certificate key, created a notepad file, copied the text into the file, and
named it uwm.crt.

I restarted apache and it would not start. Using the expired cert, apache
worked.

Check the apache error logs, it should contain information about what's wrong. It could be as simple as different permissions on the different certificate files.

TBH though you're better off jumping on an apache list and asking there, they will be able to help you a lot more.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/