Re: Comment form spammer

Richard Lynch wrote:
You can tie up their connection, wasting your connection...

If it were my own site, I might think about doing something like wasting my connection...

I suppose you could do:
header("Location: 127.0.0.1");
and then they'd be trying to surf to their own computer, if they are
following re-directs in their hack attempt...
Though odds are really good they are watching for that.

Oooh, good call. Interesting idea. I was thinking about doing something with a header redirect, but I also did not want to do anything too crazy - mostly because it is not my sight.

Bottom line:
Nope, probably not much you can do.
More's the pity.

Yep. I think I will just leave it at die();

Many thanks for the input.
Cheers! :D
Micky