Re: Re: Comparing Strings

Nils Holland wrote:
My guess is that PHP only sees / compares the strings up to a certain position. Is this possible? And if so, is there any way around this, so that my whole string is seen?
Greetings and thanks in advance,
Nils

Maybe it's interpreting something as a number somewhere. Did you try using === instead of == for your comparisons?

Ah, thanks, that made it work! :-)

PS: Why is your license key so insanely long, and why doesn't it use alphanumeric characters to reduce the length?

Very good question, I should probably ask the person that came up with the way this license key works. Even if it has to be this long "internally", I've been thinking about using some encoding / hashing technique to make it smaller at least when it's being passed to the PHP script. For the sake of testing, however, I didn't really care.

Greetings and thanks again!
Nils