Step by step code running

Hi,

I need to explain a script to a pal of mine but either
i cant explain it properly or he just cant get the
concept being new to php's slightly "advanced stuff"
(OO and classes, mind you...i ain't no expert myself
in this, more like Jochem's(from this list) field of
expertise)

I remember in my old C++ days we used to use something
that basically showed how the code executed, line by
line, running in the loops etc

anything like that for PHP?

Personally I use EditPlus and a lot of echo/print
statements when I debug, I try to keep things simple.

Thanks!

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)