Re: url obfuscation

On Fri, July 7, 2006 10:56 pm, Anas Mughal wrote:
> My URLs are constant. They are not changing.
> All my dynamic pages are indexed nicely on Google.
>
> I agree that a computerized screen scrapper could still screen scrap
> most of
> my site. However, a simple script that attempts to bump up the
> identifier of
> a resource in a URL, would not work. Here is example:
>
> http://mydomain.com/view_resource.php?id=1
> http://mydomain.com/view_resource.php?id=2
> http://mydomain.com/view_resource.php?id=3
> http://mydomain.com/view_resource.php?id=4
>
> That would not work because my IDs are not sequential.
>
> Any thoughts...

Do your other pages link to the pages?

Because I don't need to PREDICT the URLs, just follow them from page
to page.

That's pretty much how a search engine works.

If you really want to stop a web-scraper, you pretty much have to
accept that you'll not be listed in Google (et al) as well.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm