Re: url obfuscation

My URLs are constant. They are not changing.
All my dynamic pages are indexed nicely on Google.

I agree that a computerized screen scrapper could still screen scrap most of
my site. However, a simple script that attempts to bump up the identifier of
a resource in a URL, would not work. Here is example:

http://mydomain.com/view_resource.php?id=1
http://mydomain.com/view_resource.php?id=2
http://mydomain.com/view_resource.php?id=3
http://mydomain.com/view_resource.php?id=4

That would not work because my IDs are not sequential.

Any thoughts...

On 7/7/06, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, July 6, 2006 12:00 pm, Anas Mughal wrote:
> I have encrypted the values -- not the keys. With this approach, I
> presume I
> have made it harder for anyone trying to screen scrap my data. (It is
> not
> possible to write a script that would loop over my pages.)

Unless you are using an always-changing value for the value, then the
screen-scraper doesn't really give a damn whether the value is:
2
avpu8e9hgre98gh9erhb549hgt2395tybnsdibnusreiobnwre9pg8h25490t8

It's all the same to a computer.

If you ARE using always-changing URLs, then the search engines are
never gonna find your pages, which seems like an odd goal to me.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm

--