Re: [totaly off t****]

At 4:05 PM +0200 7/13/06, Jochem Maas wrote:
>tedd wrote:
> > but for Stut being "The Man" I would support that claim.
>
><borders on="nonsense">
>but that leaves so little room for the 'Other Men' - and could turn
>into a pissing match (you know how John Nichel likes a good pissing match :-P)

Jochem:

Two things:

1. I did not say that Stut was the ONLY man on this list -- of course there are 'Other Men' on this list. I did not mean to infer otherwise. It's just that I follow everyone's postings on this list and I have my own ranking system as to if they know their stuff, or not, and from what I've seen, Stut knows his stuff. If he talks, I listen -- as I do to you as well.

2. <disclaimer> You brought John Nichel, not me. </disclaimer>

While people like ÜberGeek may know php, people like him have a lot to learn about people -- as well as other "obvious to me" things, if one takes the time to review his final work product.

In any event, I was on this list for a very short while before ÜberGeek put me on his kill-list and made a big point of telling me so. What did I do, one might ask? I still don't know and even after an apology from me, there was no forgiveness for I had violated his "sensitivity" in some fashion (known only to him). As such, he clearly doesn't believe that I have anything meaningful to post. Of course, that's his choice, as it is with everyone.

But allow me to make a point -- when I was much younger, I taught Karate. My teacher was a Grand Master at Kung Fu and a 10th degree black-belt at Karate. He was a simple man, but was very knowledgeable in martial arts and was clearly at the top of his craft. In fact, if you ever saw the film and/or series Kung Fu, then you've seen him -- he was in the opening credits and a consultant.

In any event, I asked him once "Who do you learn from?" He pointed to a group of white belts. He explained that the fresh and novice way they look at moves gave him the inspiration to advance his craft. So, accordingly to him, without white belts, he would never learn any further.

<to general list, no one specific>

>From whom does this list learn?

I've seen and talked to several people, some not novices, who say "WTF?" to answers from the questions they posted here and subsequently leave to never post here again. Is this right? It's not for me to say -- it's your list -- not mine! I haven't earned that right, yet. But, I can't help but think that helping people might be better served with a kinder and gentler approach without the "attitude" so common here.

But, that's my take, your mileage may vary. Like I said, it's your list.

If anyone wants to hammer me for my opinion, then have at it -- I've been hammered before.

</to general list, no one specific>

> > ps: When there's no enemies about, it's not a good idea to burn bridges.
>
>semtex is better any day of the week ;->

When you've burnt as many bridges as I have, you might think different.  :-)

tedd