RE: Randomly rotate image on page load? File under: Image Manipulation

At 1:36 PM -0500 7/10/06, Jay Blanchard wrote:
>The other day I saw a temporary road construction sign that said "Slow
>Men Working" and it gave me pause....

I had the same pause when I read "Slow Children Playing". I wondered if this was due to the fact that over 60 percent of our children are overweight.

>The word 'rotation' is being improperly used, because when one swaps
>images he or she does not turn them on their sides,...

I don't think its use is as improper as is your definition -- rotation does not mean "turn them on their sides" -- that would limit rotations to 90 degrees. :-)

An image rotation of one degree (or even less) would still be an image rotation.

>Image swapping is a much better term, but not really....as swapping
>would indicate a trade of some sort

Image swapping sounds like something that many neighborhoods tried in the 70's -- but, that lead to numerous divorces.

>Replacement is about as good as swap.

Hmmmm... I wonder how the term "Replacement Meet" would catch on? Oh, but wait, we're talking about the net -- so how would "Image Replacement" fit with:

http://mezzoblue.com/tests/revised-image-replacement/

I wonder if the css group would look at this solution from the same perspective?

>Do you pre-heat your oven?

George Carlin -- I love his quotes.

Of course, one of my favorites -- As Oscar Wilde once said when confronted by a challenge for duel. "Sir, considering that you made the challenge, I get the choice of weapon -- and I choose grammar."

>This is exactly why one should always comment their code.

On this we agree. :-)

Forgive me for being argumentative, but the term "rotation" does have a double meaning in this context and both meanings are correct.

tedd