Re: apc and ZendPlatform

On Fri, June 30, 2006 9:27 am, Rick Emery wrote:
> We're running Zend Platform on a server that also has apc installed;
> we're using apc in the scripts to cache data, and I understand (I
> think) that it also does bytecode caching.
>
> Zend Platform includes a php accelerator, which (I think) is also
> caching bytecode.
>
> Does anybody know if we'll see adverse effects from this?
>
> apc comes with a cool page (apc.php) that shows information about its
> cache. While it shows that scripts are being cached, it's showing 0
> hits for all of them. That seems wrong to me, but I may be
> mis-understanding it.
>
> Does anybody have any insight?

One wild theory would be that the Zend Cache has been holding your
entire set of PHP scripts in RAM, so has never had to hit the "disk"
for the source, and so APC, down in the chain later, has never had
anybody even ASK for a page a second time...

Using both Zend Cache and APC together seems decidedly "odd" to me,
but there it is...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm