Re: Re: Question about constructors and destructors

On Wed, June 28, 2006 5:07 pm, Jochem Maas wrote:
> zend.ze1_compatibility_mode is next to useless in practice for
> anything
> but the most simple php4 OO code. certainly if you are wanting to
> use php5 specific OO functionality like __destruct() you should not be
> using
> ze1_compatibility_mode.

My understanding of ze1_compatibility_mode is:

"Run this code as if I was using PHP4 OOP with none of PHP5 features
so I can keep my legacy app running even though I have PHP5
installed."

I do not think it is (nor can be)

"Magically determine through DWIM-technology what weird mix of PHP4
OOP and PHP5 OOP the programmer has decided should be implemented"

So I suspect it would "work fine" for even complicated PHP4 OOP code,
but as soon as you expect to use a PHP5 OOP feature, results would
be... "unpredictable"

:-)

But that's just my understanding of what I would expect this setting
to mean.  I could be way off-base.

YMMV

--
Like Music?