Re: PHP 5, Windows, and MySQL

Beauford wrote:
I have done everything that everyone has suggested here, and 1000 other
variations that I have found along the way. So if I'm doing something wrong
- please let me know, 'cause I don't see it.

MySQL 4.1 has been working great for 4 years and PHP4.4 gives me no
problems. Anything 5 and above won't work. Windows is 2000 SP4. PHP is
installed as an ISAPI module.
;cgi.force_redirect = 1

libmysql.dll is in /winnt, /system, /sytem32, /php and php is in my path. If
it can't find it it ain't looking hard enough. I've also tried many
variations of this.

The error below is similar to what I got. I was also getting memory errors,
but don't have that one to post.

Results:
Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'c:/php/ext/php_mysql.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found. in
Unknown on line 0

It's not that the file can't be found, it's something inside the file breaking. Otherwise it would just say "unable to find php_mysql.dll".

I'd say it's finding the mysql4 version of the dll and trying to include it which ain't going to work if you want to talk to a mysql5 server.

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=24621

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/