Re: Preventing double-clicks APPEARS TO WORK FINE

John Meyer wrote:
Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
I am going to do some thinking (typing) out loud here because I need to
come up with a solution to double-clicking on a form button issue.
[/snip]

Isn't there a javascript method that you could use to accomplish the same thing? Either that, or on the first click, you could disable that button.

JavaScript can't be used for such things, or at least it can't be relied upon. What if the user has disabled JavaScript? Or what if the user has specifically disabled the JavaScript behaviour you are relying on?

For example, some websites very wrongly try to disable right-clicking on webpages. Firefox provides an option (I'm not sure if it is enabled by default) that prevents pages from disabling right-click. So using said JavaScript code to disable right-clicks is not a valid way of preventing people from viewing page source or downloading files. The same would apply to any other security measure; it'd be just fine to use JavaScript to discourage multiple clicks, but it wouldn't solve the underlying problem; he'd still have to solve the problem on the backend.

Regards, Adam.