Re: Stream download problem

Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> Prathaban Mookiah wrote:
>> Micheal,
>>
>> I ran into this problem too. A easy workaround is to right click and
>> choose 'save as' which worked for me.
>
> I wish that would work. The URL is along the lines of
> substituted for the filename. It reports that it cannot be written to
> the cache.

is possible for you to change the way the URL is written so that it looks
like so:

easy.php/fakepdfname.pdf?download=stream&dltype=full

or

easy.php/download/stream/dltype/full/fakepdfname.pdf

I'm pretty sure that this would fool IE into accepting the download (I
remember Richard Lynch offering such a 'solution'** in the past). obviously
is requires that your webserver will actually run easy.php (due to the
fact that the rest of the 'path' doesn't exist (this is a matter of
the correct configuration in apache - I *think* its default behaviour actually)
AND changing easy.php to [also] accept the get parameters as part of a faked URL path.

** 'solution' as in 'another hack to work round an IE bug'

>> For complete information on this you want to have a look at
>> http://support.
>> microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/279667
>
> I find this interesting MSoft claims to have fixed the problem back at
> IE 5.1, but I'm still seeing it - and I'm up to date as is my client. Of
> course, I seldom believe anything MSoft says.

seldom is more than most :-)