Re: trouble getting PDO going on ubuntu 6.06 installation

Jochem Maas wrote:
Richard Harding wrote:
Jochem Maas wrote:
Richard Harding wrote:
I am trying to get PDO going on a new desktop with Ubuntu 6.06. I have
installed php5, php5-dev, etc and have php5 working with no problems. I
then did a pecl install pdo and that installed ok. When I run phpinfo()
I get that PDO is activated and the drivers has no value.

I am now trying to install pdo_mysql and getting the following:
checking for PDO includes... checking for PDO includes...
/usr/include/php/ext
configure: error:
You've configured extension pdo_mysql, which depends on extension pdo,
but you've either not enabled pdo, or have disabled it.
you need to have '--with-pdo_mysql' and '--with-pdo' in your configure
line
'--with-pdo' may need to be something like '--with-pdo=shared'

does that help?
I was trying to look at that, but since I'm installing via pecl and not
building from source how do you get those option in there? I see that
pecl downloads the file to /var/tmp/pear-build-root but there are no
files in there once the pecl install dies.

this bug report may also describe the problem you are having:
http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=5010

what is your configure line for php5? (see phpinfo())

also what version of php5 do you have? I suggest you grab 5.1

also given that it is a development/personal machine your running on
why not build php from source? - it's actually quite easy - heck I can do it,
and I know Jack Shit - just ask Jasper Byrant-Greene)
Version 5.1.2
Configure: There is no configure command field in the phpinfo output.
I don't build it from source because I like to use packages that I run on the server. Actually I run backports on the server, but it looks like I'm going to run into the same issues on the server that I am having here. If I had just compiled the source I would never have realized that the server will have the same issues. I figure that if I can install on this machine the same process should then apply to the server when I try to update it.

The bug you pointed to is close, but not quite. The bug appears fixed in 5.1 and the problem I am having is not the lack of finding the .h file. It just seems that it is not picking up PDO is enabled even though it is for some reason.

Thanks for the help.

Rick