Re: trouble getting PDO going on ubuntu 6.06 installation

Jochem Maas wrote:
Richard Harding wrote:
I am trying to get PDO going on a new desktop with Ubuntu 6.06. I have
installed php5, php5-dev, etc and have php5 working with no problems. I
then did a pecl install pdo and that installed ok. When I run phpinfo()
I get that PDO is activated and the drivers has no value.

I am now trying to install pdo_mysql and getting the following:
checking for PDO includes... checking for PDO includes...
/usr/include/php/ext
configure: error:
You've configured extension pdo_mysql, which depends on extension pdo,
but you've either not enabled pdo, or have disabled it.

you need to have '--with-pdo_mysql' and '--with-pdo' in your configure line
'--with-pdo' may need to be something like '--with-pdo=shared'

does that help?
I was trying to look at that, but since I'm installing via pecl and not building from source how do you get those option in there? I see that pecl downloads the file to /var/tmp/pear-build-root but there are no files in there once the pecl install dies.

Thanks
Rick